This Page

has been moved to new address

Pleats is the word.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mrs Bossa Does the Do: Pleats is the word.

Saturday, 24 July 2010

Pleats is the word.

I seem to have become a little taken with pleated skirts lately.
 From trashy vintage tiger-print...

(worn with H&M cardigan, River Island halter, New Look belt, Russell & Bromley shoes)


 ...to demure nude silk...
 (skirt by Linea via a charity shop, Warehouse vest, La Redoute cardigan, Bertie shoes) 

...to a gorgeous hot pink bubble skirt. 
 (Asos skirt, H+M jumper, boots from Ebay, Mulberry satchel)

And look, just look at the pleats on this one from NW3 by Hobbs:
 (worn with zara cardigan, vintage camisole, vintage belt, New Look boots)
 

I also have my eye on the leather kilt from M&S, though the cashflow chez Bossa will not allow further skirt-purchasing at present. Perhaps it's a throwback to my days as a schoolgirl; perhaps I'm simply tired of the straight denim skirt that I've worn to death - either way, it's a lot of pleats for a girl who hates ironing.

Thanks for the photos, Mr Bossa - sorry I chopped my own heads off)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 24 July 2010 at 22:59 , Blogger Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

I love pleats too - I recently shortened a black Jaeger skirt from the 80s to a more appropriate length, and now I wear it all the time. Also, your red boots are amazing!

 
At 25 July 2010 at 13:59 , Blogger Pearl Westwood said...

Ooooh I have total skirt envy!!! In fact I have entire outfit envy and I love your satchel bag. I was fondling a similar on in Hobbs. You have the best style! I have recently bought two pleated skirts off ebay, one was so huge I had to thread a skinny belt through the waist band, and the other is the most hidious thing I have ever seen, but for some reason I really love it LOL!

 
At 26 July 2010 at 00:16 , Blogger melindaaa said...

i really love the skirts, now i want a pleated skirt of my own!

 
At 29 July 2010 at 20:27 , Blogger Cava Charlotte said...

I love the hot pink skirt with the red boots - completely clash-tastic - very cool lady!!

Charlotte x

The Style Rail

 
At 28 August 2010 at 15:48 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

pleats are awesome. I love all these looks! xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home