This Page

has been moved to new address

Outfits and Vintage and Shoes - Oh My!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mrs Bossa Does the Do: Outfits and Vintage and Shoes - Oh My!

Monday, 4 April 2011

Outfits and Vintage and Shoes - Oh My!

Well, what a month March was, eh? I have to say, I enjoyed doing the Feminist Fashion Blogger posts and getting my teeth into something really juicy. From some of the comments, it looks like you did too - the debate on here was fantastic.


But...I still have shopping needs, my friends, and I still had my wardrobe cull money burning a hole in my pocket. So let's start the week off with a little look of some of my recent outfits and fashion finds, shall we?

I wrote recently about my little family trip to Blackpool, a bracing and blustery seaside town on the north-west coast of England. Unfortunately the pics of my Carrie-esque white ankle boots disappeared, but I did manage to salvage a couple of one of my favourite vintage skirts:

And lo! Another lightswitch.


Want a gratuitous vintage bag close-up? Course you do:

Glad I painted the old nails...

The vintage bag was my great-grandmother's; I nabbed it before my brutally-tidy mother donated it to a charity shop. My great-grandmother had good taste, no? I'm quite sentimental about heirlooms, and got a little choked up when I found her old hand mirror inside. I never knew her, but she is one of the ancestors I inherited my red hair from.

Wearing some of my favourites gave me a thirst for a few new threads. I actually went a little wild; not in quantity, but in style - Mr B displayed a tremor of fear when I mentioned the fact I'd bought orange silk trousers... They are pretty fabulous though:



On a more demure note, I bought this vintage silk dress for a few pounds. It doesn't look much on the hanger, but when I belted and donned my tan heels, I felt great. Like myself. The effect was unfortunately undermined by my attempt to show my sister how high I could kick...when I ripped a hole round the bottom button.



This baby was advertised as a Mad Men-style dress - which is enough to get many a girl drooling. It has all the magic ingredients for me: a pussybow neckline, an unusual print...and just the right balance between ugly and ladylike. Behold, my darlings:



And oh! I almost forgot! Look at these stunning vintage shoes - immaculate condition and in a beautiful combination of cream tan and brown leather. Yummy.



What are your most treasured items of clothing?
Have you found any bargains recently?

* * * * *

Like this outfit post? Or is there another kind of post you'd like to see more of?
I'm having a re-think for Mrs Bossa Does the Do, and would like input from you, my readers.
Click the image below to take a quick survey.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home