This Page

has been moved to new address

O vintage shops, how you call to me, call to me...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Mrs Bossa Does the Do: O vintage shops, how you call to me, call to me...

Monday, 1 November 2010

O vintage shops, how you call to me, call to me...

You know how it is. 

You hit the town, telling yourself you can only justify buying something practical - in this case, a black cardigan. But after two hours of listlessly rifling through uninspiring dark knitwear, you get bored. "This isn't what shopping is about!" you exclaim to yourself. Then your eye is drawn to something in Yves Klein blue. Something silk. The practical black cardigan couldn't be further from your mind as you race to claim this dress as your own...



This is the way it went for me, at Dirty Blonde vintage shop in Stoke Newington. I have to say, they had some really special items, including an entire colour spectrum of dresses, and a beautiful array of silk shirts. As you know from my one of my last posts, I have a thing for silk at the moment, and when it's such a stunning colour, and it fits...well, how was I expected to resist? 

The shoe boots are M&S Autograph, via Oxfam.
The drape and folds are beautiful.
So, no black cardigan then. But at least I'm not a selfish spendthrift; I also managed to nab a fabulous BCBG skirt in orange leather for my sister's birthday present...


So, dear readers, do you think I've been naughty or nice? 
Which shops always manage to weaken your resolve?

Labels: , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 1 November 2010 at 21:47 , Blogger Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

Oooooooh! What a gorgeous dress, I'm so glad you weren't sensible (although I think buying something lovely that really suits you is always sensible). And blue is perfect for your hair colour.

 
At 1 November 2010 at 21:56 , Blogger Pearl Westwood said...

Well the dress covers your arms just like a cardigan would right! It is stunning and obviously a necessity x

 
At 1 November 2010 at 23:13 , Blogger devilishlypleasurable said...

`i'm so glad you didn't resist the call of that dress. .it is fabulous. besides, who needs a black cardi when something like that shows up. i'm sure you have enough sensible practical pieces-- who cares if they ain't this season-- which gives you purrfect reason to indulge in these pieces!

 
At 1 November 2010 at 23:22 , Anonymous Amanda said...

You can buy a black cardigan any time. That blue dress is stunning with your hair color.

 
At 2 November 2010 at 08:24 , Blogger Sharon said...

Hi my dear-you scored brilliantly in my opinion, the dress is a stunning treasure, well done and I love the leather skirt too!! xx

 
At 2 November 2010 at 08:36 , Blogger mispapelicos said...

Love the dress: shape and colour.
And it suits you sooooooooooo well how could you resist???.
Un abrazo.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

 
At 2 November 2010 at 18:28 , Blogger Ashley J said...

Great color dress and great find!!!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

 
At 2 November 2010 at 18:34 , Anonymous Ashe Mischief said...

What a gorgeous dress--that color is amazing and it looks super fab with your hair!

 
At 3 November 2010 at 10:18 , Blogger Leia said...

Oooh you look amazing in that dress! I love the color!

Leia

 
At 3 November 2010 at 14:33 , Blogger Make Do Style said...

A good choice! Fallen woman or not xx

 
At 4 November 2010 at 11:05 , Blogger Nici said...

Love the leather skirt

 
At 21 November 2010 at 02:22 , Blogger WendyB said...

I love leather in offbeat colors.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home